Friday, July 11, 2008

Visit to Naramata - Day 1

We just got back from our second (does that make it annual?) trip to the Okanagan. Last year we stayed at the Naramata Heritage Inn and Spa (http://www.naramatainn.com/) for 2 nights and then went camping with friends at Okanagan Lake North PP. This year we did it the other way around, camped first for one night, then went to the inn. Much better idea! The first day we were there we went to Sumac Ridge (http://www.sumacridge.com/default.asp) to pick up a bottle of something bubbly. (We know their Stellar's Jay Brut, and figured it would make for good tippling around the campfire.) We ended up doing a tasting and were really impressed by their Pinnacle Sparkling. We were very intrigued by their Pinnacle White (still). They describe it as tropical fruit, but we both thought it was very herbal, sage and rosemary and the like. Quite different from most of the whites on the bench. We bought the Stellar's Jay and a bottle of rose, which I quite liked.

On the way back to the campsite we stopped at a fruit stand and picked up a fresh-made peach pie for dessert. It was very good. So was the wine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for including my blog in your list. I'm getting a little traffic from your site.
I'll be doing a revamp of my site shortly and will include yours at that time.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of Sumac Ridge bubbly as well! I've just written about their Sparkling Shiraz on my blog:
http://www.rubysuitcase.com/?p=773
You should check it out!